Grow Your Audiences
With the increased funding pressures that cultural organisations face, our audiences have never been more important. Your audience might be a potential funding stream for you, but they are almost always the reason why you get out of bed in the morning to do what you do. Whether you're a large theatre, a small visual arts gallery, or a freelance artist or producer - we all need audiences.
This session will de-mystify audience development, and show you practical ways to grow your audiences.
Who is it for?
if you want to grow your audiences, you need to have a long-term strategy based on evidence. So this session is designed for:
- Arts, culture, or heritage organisations without an audience development plan.
- Organisations who have an audience development plan, but it's stuck on a shelf and isn't regularly looked at.
What will I learn?
- What audience development looks like.
- How to define your purpose.
- Where and how you can get data on your audiences
- How to choose the best target audience for you.
- Practical steps to grow your audiences.
The first part of the day will explain what good audience development looks like using case studies from the sector. The second part of the day will give you the chance to begin or revise your audience development strategy.
Claire Rose Canavan is our Client Relationships Executive and ensures that our research projects, resources, and events are tailored to the needs of the sector.
Fiona Bell is our Client Relationships Director and has over 18 years’ experience in the arts sector working in both venues and production companies.
Date: Tuesday 24th April 2018
Time: 10:00 - 15:30
Venue: Innovation Factory, Forthriver Business Park, 385 Springfield Rd, Belfast BT12 7DG
The venue is on the ground floor with free parking. Lunch will be provided. If you have any access or dietary requirements, please contact Claire Rose in advance.
How Do I Book?
Visit our Eventbrite page to book your place.