LGBTQ+ people and Scotland’s cultural sector
Culture Republic's Ashley Smith Hammond talks to Steven Thomson of Outspoken Arts Scotland, and performer Harry Giles about how to remove barriers for LGBTQ+ people's engagement in the arts.
They also discuss what LGBTQ+ actually means, and the difficulties in measuring and researching this demographic.
Thanks to our friends at Culture Republic for letting us share this podcast.
Thanks to the interviewees for taking the time to contribute their valuable opinions to this discussion. You can find out more about guest’s projects and upcoming work through their channels below:
- Steven Thomson and Outspoken Arts Scotland are on Twitter @outspokenartsSC.
- Harry’s Giles’ projects can be found on their personal website. Harry is on Twitter @HarryGiles. Keep up with upcoming cabaret nights from Anatomy online.
Info about Culture Republic staff members that had a hand in making this podcast can be found on their Team pages. Find Culture Republic on Twitter @culture_public use the hashtag #CRpodcast to let us know you’re listening.
- Research by Neil Simpson, Culture Republic Researcher
- Audio production by Jack Perry, Culture Republic Marketing Assistant
- Writing and presenting by Ashley Smith Hammond, Culture Republic Content Producer
The Culture Republic Podcast is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.